Christmas is right around the corner and you may need to think about buying your loved ones gifts to put under the Christmas tree. You can’t leave it under the tree without wrapping it so here’s a quick method on how to neatly wrap presents.
List of things you need:
Box (big enough to put your gift in)
Ribbons and other decorations (optional)
Measure and cut the wrapping paper
- To get you started, place your gift within the box you have chosen. Having a box makes wrapping so much easier. It is also a good idea to seal the box with tape so that it doesn’t open while you wrap the present.
- Take your wrapping paper and unroll it on a flat surface. Ideally you would want to unroll the paper so that it is twice the length of the box.
- Place the box in the middle of the wrapping paper that you have unrolled, with the top of the box facing downwards.
- Take the edge of the wrapping paper and wrap it around the box so it covers half the box. After this step, take the other side of the wrapping paper with the tube end and roll it over the box so that the box is completely covered.
- Cut the wrapping paper where both end slightly overlaps.
Wrapping the gift
- Now that you have the correct size of wrapping paper for your box, grab some cellotape. Cellotape works as its easily accessible, cheap and clear but you can always use double sided tape to make your life easier and give the present a much more cleaner look.
- Once again make sure that the box is in the centre of wrapping paper before you proceed with the next step.
- Fold one end of the paper over the box so it covers half and secure the paper with cellotape. Then grab the other side of the paper over the box and also secure it down with cellotape. There should be slight overlap when you do this so that the box is completely covered.
- Now you will have two sides of the box with unfolded paper sticking out. Choose one side and push both end of the paper into each other and flatten so that side of the box is covered with the wrapping paper.
- After this step, you should notice there are four triangle flaps on each corner of the box. Crease the edges and fold both flaps together on one side and secure with cellotape. Repeat the process on the other side.
- To elevate your wrapping skills. You can tie a ribbon around the box and add some extra decoration to the present to really impress the person the gift is for.