Imagine this: you’re trying to pick at a stubborn sticky label. Before you know it, you’re left with a gummy residue that’s attracted all the dust and dirt. To make it worse, you’re left with numerous streaks and scratches from your various attempts of cleaning.
“From clothing and coffee cups to walls and windows, stickers are all over our world—and so is their residue,” Guy Peters, owner and founder, MOP STARS.
So here you still are… trying to get rid of the tacky residue that isn’t budging. What a sticky situation!
So, how do you remove these pesky residues left on items without losing your time.
Here are some seemingly unlikely solutions that have happened to work - ranked from most obscure and most time taken with minimal quality control to most sensible, user effective and time efficient.
Yes, toothpaste has the capacity to remove sticky residues. (Dependant on the residue’s location). Leave some toothpaste on for a few minutes and all residues should be gone.
Pro’s – Cheap, safe, and accessible.
Con’s – Don’t try these on cloth material because getting toothpaste stains out is a real pain in the tooth.
2. Peanut Butter
The most mentioned on all the lifestyle blogs and believed to be just as effective as the toothpaste. The natural oils of the peanut butter help to shake up the gunk on your residue.
Pro’s – Cheap, safe, and accessible.
Con’s – Leaves a fragrance. Takes time after application to clean off. Again, don’t use on cloth material.
Another natural trick to remove adhesive residues. The acid helps to loosen up the stickiness of the residue.
Pro’s – Natural and not harmful.
Con’s – Takes time after application to clean off.
4. Acetone (nail polish remover) and Alcohol (rubbing alcohol, vodka, hairsprays)
These are in one category because both solutions work in the same way; they dissolve particularly sticky adhesive residues. It’s even better when all you require is a little cotton ball and a small application of either solution.
Pro’s – Works really well.
Con’s – Solvents or alcohol can leave a smell. Also be cautious around finished wood, and plastics. It’s extra easy to create damage using these solutions.
5. Heat sources: Hot Water, Hairdryers etc.
Sticky residues repel heat like oil repels water. A dipped carefully in hot water tea towel (not boiling), placed over the residue for some time should help to scrape off the remaining stickiness. A hairdryer has a similar effect.
Pro’s – Cheap and accessible.
Con’s – Be cautious around plastics. Involves a bit of time and extra precautions.
What is Adhesive Label Remover Spray and Why You should
With Adhesive Label Remover Spray, you avoid the hassle and the time lost from removing stubborn labels and stickers. The Adhesive Label Remover Spray is a professional grade aerosol spray, equipped with long straw attachment to make application accurate, safe and above all, time efficient. Its advanced formula means it can tackle even the most stubborn of residues in half the time of traditional methods. The Label Remover Spray is ultimately exceptional in that it removes even the most stubborn of sticky residues quicker than the list above.
Where you can use it:
- Glass surfaces: Windows, mirrors, and glass bottles
- Metal surfaces: Stainless steel, aluminium, and tin
- Plastic surfaces: Polycarbonate, polypropylene, and PVC
- Wood surfaces: Furniture, cabinets, and wooden boxes
- Painted surfaces: Walls, doors, and vehicles
Advantages of Adhesive Label Remover Spray:
- Accurate and safe application: The long straw attached to the spray can allows for accurate application, making it less likely to damage the surface or surrounding area.
- Widely compatible: Can be used on a variety of surfaces such as glass, metal, plastic, wood, and painted surfaces.
- Professional grade: Designed for heavy duty use, it can handle the toughest of adhesive residues.
- Saves time and effort: With its advanced formula, it can tackle even the most stubborn of residues in half the time of traditional methods.
Disadvantages of Adhesive Label Remover Spray:
- There are cheaper alternatives.
- Flammable product – avoid heat, flames and other high temperatures.
The Adhesive Label Remover Spray can become an invaluable part of your routine. Since its quick, easy, accurate and professional grade, you'll be label-free in no time.